The 7th Annual Vac & Dash Moonlight 1/2 Marathon, 5K Movie and Double Feature
will be held on May 27, 2018.
Proceeds from the race benefit the United Way of Stanly County.
The race will be held Sunday night, the day before Memorial Day.
You can register for tonight’s race beginning at 6:00 pm at the Badin Road Drive-In.
5K – 7:00 PM Start
1/2 Marathon – 9:00 PM Start
- Run both the 5K & 1/2 and get a Double Feature Run Long-Sleeve Shirt.
- You can still register at Vac & Dash on Saturday or at the Drive-In on Sunday beginning at 6 pm.
- Packet pickup begins Saturday at 10 am and lasts until 4 pm at Vac & Dash. Packet pickup will also begin at 6 at the Badin Road Drive-In on Sunday night.
- Runners and volunteers get into the movie for free. Cost for family members is $6.00 for ages 12 and up. $3.00 for folks 6-11 and free for children under 6:00.
- Here is a link to the movies playing Saturday night and details of the Drive-In. Badin Road Drive-In
- 1/2 Marathoners are expected to wear clothing that is reflective and as light in color as possible. Lights are highly recommended. Runners will all have key chain flashlights given to them that they can use to run with.
- Runners will have six water/gatorade stations along the route.
- 5K Vac & Dash Moonlight 5K & Movie – $25.00 until 05/26/2018
- 1/2 Vac & Dash Moonlight 1/2 Marathon & Movie – $55.00 until 05/26/2018
- Vac & Dash Moonlight 1/2 Marathon & 5K Double Feature Run & Movie – $75.00 until 05/26/2018
Family and friends can relax and watch movies at the two-screen Badin Road Drive-In in Albemarle.
1/2 Marathon Course:
Race Starts on Speight Lane near the back corner of the Drive-In. Right on Laton, Left on 740, Right on Morrow Mountain Road. Take Morrow Mountain State Road in to Morrow Mountain State Park. When you get to the split in the road, take a right and go to the top of Morrow Mountain. Turn around and reverse the course.
We are still working on the 5K course. It will be through the neighborhood behind the drive-in. Roads are some of the flatter roads in Albemarle.
Top Ten Reasons To Run The Moonlight 1/2 Marathon, 5K and Movie:
10) Starting Christmas week, we will have a weekly drawing for a Moonlight 1/2 Marathon, 5K and Movie Hoodies for the next 9 weeks!
9) In the history of 1/2 Marathons, I can not find another 1/2 Marathon that involved a Drive-In Movie, a Mountain, and a Double Feature Run option.
8) Plus, you know Vac & Dash is going to make sure this is a unique event!
7) Finisher medals to all 1/2 Marathoners.
6) Instead of plastic bags for your goody bag, we will use popcorn boxes! The possibilities are endless to make this the coolest 1/2 Marathon in North Carolina!
5) Movies will start at Sundown! You can bring your spouse or significant other, watch a movie and make out for a bit in the car before the race. What a way to warm up! Your entry to the Drive-In is included in entry fee. Spouse and friends pay regular drive-in fee. (I think the cost is $6.00 per person.)
4) Your family members and support crew can enjoy the movie and visit the snack bar in a nostalgic atmosphere.
3)If you run fast enough, you can get back in time to watch the second movie!
2) If you’re not a night runner, I can’t think of a better way to give it a try!
1) It’s Friday the 13th and a person with the first name Jason has already signed up for the race!
Badin Road Drive-In is located in Albemarle, less than 45 minutes from Charlotte, Salisbury, Concord and Rockingham. All runners will be required to wear a reflective vest, one flashing light on front, one flashing light on back, and a lit flashlight/headlamp must be carried/worn. When out of the support vehicle, all team members, support crew, and spectators must wear a reflective vest. Family & Friends are invited to relax in a nostalgic atmosphere and enjoy the show while you are racing.